If you can think of a shade of red, I'm pretty sure I've been it! I've been dying my hair red for the past 4 years now and I can't imagine being any other colour! I started off with a darker deep red/purple which lead to a strawberry red, fire truck red to the beautiful shade of red I am today.
|Three Shades of Red|
With all my trial and errors of using different brands I've worked out what is best for my hair, I found Crazy Color. I love crazy color because it's semi-permanent which means it isn't damaging my hair as much as other brands were. I'm sure you're wondering 'why is the post called three shades of red?' well fear not, I'm about to tell you. To get my favourite shade of red, I currently mix three different colours together. At first I was mixing only two but this third colour really brings it to a whole new level.I use:
Crazy Color - Fire
Crazy Color - Vermilion Red
Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL - Ultra Bright 92 Pillar Box Red
|Fire | Vermilion|
How I use it:
First of all I bleach my hair with Born Blonde by Nice 'n' Easy or Garnier Nutrisse Truly Blonde Maximum Lightener Bleach. I use whatever is on offer as it takes 3/4 boxes to bleach my whole head (root to tips).
After washing out the bleach I condition my hair for a few hours to overnight, when I wash the conditioning treatment out I brush my hair to get rid of any tangles and start the dying process. Crazy Color recommend dying your hair whilst it's still wet and I've not had a problem yet.
I leave it on my hair for about an hour before washing it off, putting in a leave in conditioner and styling my hair as normal.
I don't have a formula for my hair colour, I just mix until I see the perfect shade. I use the whole bottle of XXL, add half Fire and then add Vermilion to taste. As I have such thick hair it does take a lot of product for full coverage like I said with the bleach, that often takes 3/4 boxes depends on how much regrowth I have and if I'm doing all my hair.
- Always wear gloves, crazy color stains like a *****!
- If you're going blonde first, make sure you do a deep conditioning treatment.
- Strand test your hair to make sure it's the right shade for you.
- Make sure you have enough bottles, I'd rather have too much than run out with only half a head!
- With CC you can keep the dye, unlike other dyes that you have to bin once opened.
- After shampooing use cold water to lock in the colour, red runs ALOT and using cold water stops it running so quickly.
- Anti-Dandruff shampoo will make the colour fade.
- Stay out of the sun, your hair will fade quicker.
- Redye every 2 - 4 weeks to keep your hair fresh and bright.
Have you tried Crazy Color? Do you dye your hair yourself at home?